From:
Marco Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:45:15 -0500
Since this fall I have been adjusting my eating to the basic ideas of the
paleodiet. It strikes me that one of the most relevant factors in this
procedure have been a sort of limited deviations, by primarily integrating
the main pillars, namely
*No dairy
*No grain
Most of my deviations turn out to be based on my budget, but I have been
reasoning in a way which has tended to allow a certain amount of unhealthy
substances as well as a certain imbalance in the sources of nutrition. For
instance I sometimes come to eat salty charcuteries, smoked game steaks,
salted jerky, smoked salmon and salty marinades. This is not rarely in a
way which basically leads me up the garden path, I seem to be fooling
myself into believing the products I buy really do not contain any
hasardous amounts of the unhealthy substances in question. Thus I have
reached a point where both salty and sweet tastes make me nauseous, I tend
to feel myself at risk on a daily basis due to insufficient food intakes.
The only foods which I find seeming entirely paleolithic are
*Tender sprouts
*Game
*Unpoluted seafood
This is where I begin wondering. I have found it so difficult to shake off
the cultural habits in my food intakes that I, for example, through one
period ate immoderate amounts of fruit. It would very well be worth the
while in case these various deviations eventually lead up to a point of
sheer clarity both in the regular content of the diet and in its
correspondance to the virtual conditions which apply to my case.
Such a correspondance would in its essence mean various restrictions which,
for one thing, would imply no variation in the greens the diet includes. To
cope with the nervosity of culture one could simply indulge in unlimited
amounts of hot green tea in a thermos always close at hand. But is
this 'static variation' healthy? It is hardly difficult to imagine that
they were eating, in an extension of time, that which their premisses
allowed for, hence let's say a few kilos of shoots and a couple of deers a
week per group.