From:
nutritionmagician <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:42:55 -0400
>>A question for you, Rachel and any other dietitians or
nutritionists on the list; do insurance companies accept the latest research
on the Paleolithic diet and refer patients to you?
My guess is that they don't.

In Michingan where I live, Blue Cross is now reimbursing for nutrition but
they will only pay for RD's not certified nutritionists.  And as we know,
the majority of RD's are still jerking their knees at low carb nutrition.
Recently though I have had client who is having phenomenal success visit her
doc and nurse practitioner at the University of Mich. hospital.  They were
very impressed and the NP took my number to follow up, saying that she was
interested in having people with a "broader prospective" to refer clients
to. I think this is a good sign.  I'm exploring ways I might be able to have
an RD affiliated with my business so I can accept insurance payments.

Judy
 Nutrition Magician tm
 Bringing  Good Health to Life!

 Consulting, Coaching, Corporate Wellness
 http://www.nutritionmagician.net
 Subscribe to Eater's Digest