From:
Rhandi Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:15:11 -0500
Hello All!

I'm sitting at the computer, petting my raw fed dog Shadoh, thankful that
feeding him a species appropriate diet has woken me up to feeding myself
the same way (the Paleo, Neanderthin way). And grateful to find that there
are other people in the world who believe and do the same.

I've been feeling pretty lonely in having this living/eating naturally
life-view, as I currently live in the suburbs of LA. It feels scary to
choose this way, because of course I want to talk aobut it and share my
enthusiasms, my difficulties, my fears. And - how to switch over to this
WOL while living with aging parents who are set in their ways of the
Standard American Diet.

So, that said, I'm looking forward to conversing with some friendly and
supporti
ve folks on this list - and offering my support, too. Community is
really important for me - as it was for our Paleo ancestors (and all of
us, really), so let's get started!

I've partially read "Neanderthin" and "The Paleo Diet," so I'm not
entirely ready to jump in with both feet. My leanings, so far, are to eat
intuitively, with not so much emphasis on menus or strict recipes - and -
I'm willing to try new ways to do meals, too. Anyone have any suggestions
or want to share how they got started? And what helps to keep going when
doing this diet, WOL all by yourelf?

Let's talk (write)!!!

rhandi