From:
Dan Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:59:45 -0400
> > So all the days of Me·thu´se·lah amounted to nine hundred
> >and sixty-nine years and he died.
>
> I'm of the opinion that this is a progenitor scale, not a single human
being..... Oliva

I'm of the opinion that this was a mistaken translation... I've always
figured that some monk mistranslated a word that meant something along the
lines of "cycle of the moon" into "cycle of the sun" or something like
that... If you figure it like that, there are roughly 12 to 13 lunar cycles
per year, Methuselah's age could be guesstimated at 74 to 81 years. Much
more believable for heathen such as myself. ;-) And, just so it's clear, I
don't doubt the Bible... I just doubt man's ability to translate it
throughout the ages.

-dan