From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:47:56 -0800

> >Ardeith writes:
> >Well, I've heard of "Rocky Mountain Oysters" being
> >prepared the same way.....and the claim made that
> >they tasted good.....I would suppose that nowadays
> >such parts all get ground up for bologna and pet
> >food...............

I have found all those unrecognizable parts in the Asian food market. I
have had Rocky Mountain Oysters before in Greece, however they were from
a goat, not a bull.

Amadeus writes:
> What do you think they do with the eyes?>

I think many of the eyes are sold or donated to high school for
dissecting.  My friend makes a pretty penny in the purchase of still born
pigs, sheep, cats on occasion and eyeballs.  She sells them to the
schools for dissecting.
When my oldest son  dissected his cows eye, he came home with the cornea.
 Rather interesting.

> Actually eyes are supposed to be very nutritious, but >

In Greece, there was a wonderful smell coming from the kitchen one
morning, I lifted the pot to see a goat head boiling, ugh, I was totally
grossed out.  I was told the eyes of the goat are saved for guest of
honor as a gift of respect.
Trish

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover, You May Be Missing Out On A Great
Story.....

Since The Unborn Can't Speak For Themselves, We Need To Speak For Them.