From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:47:51 EDT
In a message dated 9/12/00 5:47:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< There are some things science cannot measure, Wally. >>

And there are things they most certainly can.  Microwaves and their
effect on
food are one, I believe.  I don't mean to beat this dead horse, but I
did
mean to respond to one of your posts regarding the statement from the
physicist at the University of Virginia.

When asked if microwaves cause cancer, he stated he thought it very
unlikely.
 That was a very responsible statement.  If we could pinpoint exactly
what
does cause cancer, without a doubt, we would have far less cancer.
The fact
that humans are constantly emitting microwaves, they are found all
over in
nature, makes no difference to any argument, I suppose.  The fact that
not
one instance of cancer has been linked to a microwave oven since their
inception is also reassuring.

I have also read from CRT experts, when asked if they cause cancer,
that they
find it highly unlikely.  Your computer screen has never been proven
100%
anti-carcinogenic.  It is impossible to weed out other environmental
factors.
 In fact, there are a whole slew of people who think computer monitors
are
extremely hazardous to mental and physical health.  Obviously, they
don't
post about it on the internet.  But they are very real and numerous.

There are many modern conviences that take their toll.  Cars produce
exhaust.
 Diesel fuel (or its exhaust?) has been recently shown to BE
carcinogenic.
Every chemical on every surface in your house is suspect, along with
the
chemicals you use to clean them.  Teflon pans left on a stove
unattended kill
birds instantly.  Every bird breeder knows that.  (I'm a bird
breeder.)  That
can't be healthy.  There are hundreds of suspects.

We sacrifice a bit, or sometimes a lot, to have modern conveniences.
Of all
of those modern conveniences, I, personally, consider microwaves very
low on
the hazard meter.  They are a natural occurrence in nature, and they
have
been studied to my satisfaction.  I can accept that they haven't been
studied
to your satisfaction.  Please consider this debate material, or just
brain
food, and just my opinion.  I am not trying to fight, I simply don't
want you
to be afraid of your microwave due to a scam web site, or at least any
more
afraid of it than your computer. ;)

Denise