From:
"~ Rainah ~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:57:21 -0400
Richard said:

>>A lot of people have problems with nuts
 >> Two suggestions: try them ground up
>> well in a food processor,

Funny you should say that, that is what I did first thing this morning
but, first I soaked them all nite in water with a little vitamin C in
the water, and after I ground them up I mixed them with some dried fruit
that I soaked in Vit. C water, but not as long, then I added carob
power, a dash of salt, rolled them into balls, rolled them in the carob
powder and put them in the freezer, they sure taste good!

>> or chew them really well while paying
>> attention.

I do that but it is never enough, hopefully the food processor will do a
better job than I do, then I'll just have to focus on getting all mixed
up with my saliva.

Aaron Wieland(Thanks for pointing that out)Wrote:

>>This vulnerability paves the way for
>> allergies, candidiasis, etc. There's
>> some information about leaky gut
>> syndrome (LGS) at
>> http://bcn.net/~stoll/lgs.html

Thanks for these sites, I've really been enjoying them, I've been
reading the archives and it sounds very interesting, I'm feeling that
maybe there is a little help, hope, for me now...

>>I'll reverse the question: How do you
>> think your joint and digestive problems
>> could have developed without being
>> preceded by LGS?

To tell you the truth, I've lived with the digestive problems all or
most of my life so I've thought of them developing, and not knowing
about LGS, I just thought the joint thing was a lack of something that I
needed but couldn't figure out what it was.

>>You might be interested in the diet
>> described at
>>http://bcn.net/~stoll/archives/bob/b071
>>998.html#hg.

The diet kind of scared me, there is way more stuff to eat there, some I
thought I would never eat again, but I am open to healing, so I'll try
anything..I think.

>>Your symptoms may be exasperated by
>> a metabolic imbalance (in particular,
>> the dried fruit, maple syrup, onions,
>> and plantains may be excessive).

The dried fruit, deffinitely, I eat it every day...my accupucturist told
me not to said it was to concentrated, to dry, the nuts to, so I cut out
the nuts but kept sating the fruit..I have those sweet/salty cravings
they talked about at that other site, the plantians? maybe I did them
every morning for 2 weeks, come to think of it that is about the same
time my joints started bothering me, but that is the same time I started
eating the sugar/protien combo with the sauted apples, onions, riasins,
with the lamb, but I only did that a few times, then tere was the 2
times I sauted the fresh pineapple and ate it with the lamb...hummm.

>>Has your diet changed recently? What
>> was it like before you started a
>> paleodiet?

Befor I started the paleo diet I was a vegetarian for 27 years, I ate a
lot of processed foods like Tofu, dried cereal, cooked cereal, store
bought Mayo(from the health food stor of course), eggs occationally, but
not often, bread(baked my own), cooked grains, some dairy(organic
butter, organic cheese, goat milk occationally, then vegetables from the
garden or organic from the store.

Patti sez:

>>But if it were me I would start over with
>> only meat, raw veggies and lots of
>> water for at least a few days. If you
>> crave sweets eat just plain fruit of
>> some kind but not till at least the
>> second day if you can help it. I would
>> avoid all spices too while your trying to
>> work this all out. I think you said in a

This sounds like a good idea, Patti, and I probably will do somethingto
that effect, but not raw vegies, my accupuncturist says no raw, it's to
cold for my digestion.
I filter my well water...