From:
PAUL TOWNLEY-SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:38:49 -0500
>Of course if you're worried about the small amount of sugar in bacon
>(mmmm..bacon!)simply soak it overnight in cold water in your
>refrigerator.  Sugar and most of the other preservatives are water
>soluable. In the morning simply drain and prepare as usual.

Thanks for this bit of advice Ray-it worked marvelously!  I bought uncured
bacon ends (1.99/lb instead of 4.99/lb) and they were too sugary-this fixed
them right up.
BTW has anyone ever had bacon from Applegate farms?  We had it once, and if
I remember correctly, it was uncured and used maple sugar and was delicious.
I can't find it again now and wondered if anyone knows a source.
Kerry