From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:56:37 -0400
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:07:25 CDT, Justin Hasselman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a few questions about fat loss.  The 2 most popular mechanisms are
>the thyroid and thermogenesis mechanism.
>Regarding thermogenesis, why does the E/C (ephedrine/caffeine) combo become
>less effective over time?  Isn't it due to beta receptor down regulation?
>So, what's the proper method to cycle the EC combo?  Will 2 weeks on, 3
>weeks off be enough for the beta receptors to up-regulate again?

Hi,
thermogenesis (generating body heat from food) does cost very much
energy compared to moving... (should be ideal to loose energy)

Here's my method to encourage thermogenesis in my body
(for me its not for loosing fat,
but to have a comfortable worm feeling all day)

Ok, every day, when taking a shower, at last i shower by body (arms+legs)
with *real* cold water for about half a minute.
It's not so easy to get really cold water, even in our more cooler
area (bavaria).  I turn the shower to a full stream and wait a little
for the water to cool really down (only very cold is comfortable).

Well *if* the body has any ownw regulatives to encourage heat production
(any doubts on this??),
then a sense of cold should stimulate it.

Btw: thermogenesis is not only heat from fat (with brown adipose cells).
It works also from carbohydrates.
And I experienced that, when i attempted a 2.5 day total fast recently -
I was feeling cold easily. Looks like fuel shortage.

This means that the energy burning vitamins should be present too
to allow the termogenesis to occur.
B-Vitamins (B1, B2 niacin) for glucose energy.
Vitamin B2 (at least... plus) for fat burning.

regards

Amadeus
(preferring natural regulatives above drugs stimulating some receptors
- except still coffee)