From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 19:36:26 +0000
On Feb 07, 2006, at 9:52 am, Erik Fridén wrote:

> Actually, I don't think we really need that many
> carbs. However, on Atkins or "eskimo-paleo" I'd be
> bored to tears with my food. I just happen to like
> vegetables (even more so since I turned to paleo).
> That's all.

Erik

I've found that by not eating fruit over winter my diet naturally
becomes low-carb.  I still eat parsnips and carrots, but I haven't
got enough of an appetite for them to over-eat, which is very easy to
do with fruit.

Apparently this is a Your Mileage May Vary issue.  Personally, I
could eat roast pork belly/leg with the odd roast parsnip/carrot/
cauliflower every day for the rest of my life and not get bored.
Well... I imagine I might change my mind after a few years, but
eating non-paleo I would get bored of a food I had two nights in a
row.  These days, a food tastes just as good as it did the night
before, although maybe not eating in the day helps.

I agree on the liking vegetables more though.  I've found that since
switching to paleo I can eat damn near anything - stuff I wouldn't
touch before.  Although I still can't put a brussel sprout anywhere
near my mouth.  I put this down to my body being less stressed from
not dealing with the garbage I used to shovel down my neck, so it can
digest veg more easily.  Don't know if this is true or not though.

Ashley