From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:51:30 -0700
At 10:40 AM 3/19/01 -0500, Philip Thrift wrote:
>I was struck by:
>
>- the lack of genetic diversity of Neanderthal

Me, too.  I wondered, even with the exchanging women bit, how they managed
to survive that long on such a limited gene pool?  Must've been one heckuva
good gene pool!

Or, perhaps this is part of why they, apparently, were as susceptible to
disease as their bones indicate?

>- the Cro-Magnons were cool - they looked like Queequeg in Moby Dick

tall picts?

They certainly protrayed them as the more gifted tailors, anyway :)

Thanks for the message yesterday, Phillip--it didn't show here until 11
pm--after I normally watch, so without your heads-up, I'd never have known
to look!

Dianne