From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 05:14:45 -0400
.....continuation....

For example pesticides, hormones and other food production chemicals,
environmental poisons and (in my special interest) yearlong
deficiencies on minerals and vitamins.
If we don't concentrate on the real cause, then easily even less
allergy-prone
food items (like meats are) may cause allergic reactions after some
time.

>>>We have wandered down a path of >>absolute dependence upon cereal
>>>grains, a path from which there is no >>return."
>
>Maybe-maybe not.  Lets not underestimate what mankind is capable of
>accomplishing.
If you look at the area's needed for a single human to live upon,
then there's little hope to decrease this area for people living in
cereal
 based countries (china, india).
Even in Europe and America overcropping is the usual.
The big crop industrie will not be able to continue this
path for a long time from now.
It is as Ray pointed it out. The soil already is *much* thinner that
even a few years ago. In a few year its production may stop.
Like it did in big parts of australia after the salt problem.

>Focusing on a process--not on success,
>mark

regards

Amadeus

(sorry that sometimes postings are split in two)