From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:43:32 +0100
On Oct 25, 2005, at 2:10 am, Kathleen Theisen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> One big thing we did this summer:
> We bought a 'share' in a LOCAL organic farm cooperative.  They
> delivered a HUGE box of fresh, organic food once a week to a house a
> few miles away.  The cost was very reasonable, and ensured that we had
> fresh, local foods for about 22 weeks.   We could even go there and
> pick our own extra food for no additional cost.
>
> best wishes,
> Kathleen
> Connecticut, USA

I looked into this in my area.  But the state of local/organic
produce in the UK is shambolic.  The only box scheme I could find in
my area (after hours of googling) had a crappy old website run from a
hotmail account.  And they didn't even reply to the e-mail I sent
asking if they would do a box with no potatoes.

This is actually typical of all British food websites.  I wish they'd
get their act together.  (For example why is it harder to get organic
honey made an hour's drive away than it is to get imported honey from
New Zealand??)

Ashley