From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:05:27 -0800
Charles:
> I've been on this stuff (Paxil), and while it helped me out of a
> suicidal
> depressive phase, it's clearly not for long term use, due to the
> general
> artificial disruption of the system, and the serious side effects
> (particularly increased sexual desire, coupled with inability to
> ejaculate..ha!)> I am a nudist, and I hike nude, as the native people
did in this
> area
> (southern California). Also barefoot, as much as possible, again
> like the
> natives. This is all extremely therapeutic, and is the best antidote
> depression, and in fact to "civilization" in general.
> Exercise and nudity outdoors will cure all depression.

Hi Charles, thanks for such an interesting response!  I too have suffered
a low sex drive due to paxil, among other things.  I do exercise about 4
times a week, I coach soccer and I weight train 1 to 2 times a week.  I
have never tried being a  nudist, in public anyway.  I do walk around the
house nude sometimes.  It doesn't bother me in any way,  but I don't
think I could venture outside in the buff.  Although I am in the best
shape of my life since my 20's  I may still offend or give the wrong
impression to the neighbors.  Although a nudist beach or camp of sort
sounds appealing.  I am slowly working on the paxil, I off that stuff so
bad, but with chemicals it must baby steps.
Trish

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:10:11 EST Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Trish:
>

> No - nature's way is best, as usual. It is most unlikely that paleo
> hunter
> gatherers suffered from depression. In my own experience, people
> living a
> simple "primitive" life, such as tribesman in Africa, smile much
> more readily
> than white people. They generally have what we would describe as a
> childlike
> demeanor. This is the effect that Paxil creates. It makes one
> childlike, and
> ready to laugh and joke about anything. This must be caused by
> relatively
> more serotonin in the brain, which presumably is a characteristic of
> children.
>
> A natural way of life creates the same thing. Physical activity is
> the key,
> as it is to most things. I believe Duke University did a study on
> this, and
> found that the most effective and lasting antidote to depression is
> exercise.
> In my experience, sun exposure is also crucial. White people have
> white skins
> so they may absorb more sunlight in the generally overcast
> conditions of
> northwestern Europe. Native peoples generally wear little or no
> clothing,
> particularly in warm climates, and of course paleo people would only
> have had
> animal skins. Western clothing is very restrictive and does not
> allow
> adequate air circulation, and denies the body sufficient sun
> exposure.
> Wearing clothing also weakens the body's resistance to cold. Native
> peoples
> can sleep naked outdoors in freezing conditions.
>
> I've tried St John's Wort, and found little or no effect, but I am
> suspicious
> of anything that comes in pill form. Native peoples would have known
> of the
> properties of this herb, and probably many others in different parts
> of the
> world. They would have gathered it at the right time of the year,
> and the
> right phase of the moon (it makes a difference!), and would have
> known how to
> process it. Plus they would have known the right spells to say, and
> this
> makes a difference to the sufferer. You probably have to talk to the
> plant,
> like Carlos Castenda talking to the jimsonweed (datura). It was
> certainly
> well known in the middle ages in Europe, and must have been
> effective.
>
> Charles

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover, You May Be Missing Out On A Great
Story.....

Since The Unborn Can't Speak For Themselves, We Need To Speak For Them.