From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:03:39 +0000
said Ardeith:

I wonder if there is a correlation between female
orgasm and survival of sperm.....anybody know?
Do more sperm survive where the female has had an
orgasm....or where she has not?

says ginny:

There is a theory that says the sex of the baby is determined by the pH of
the cervical mucus, which changes, I believe, from alkaline to acid (could
be the other way; don't quote me) at the female orgasm, affecting the
motility and survival of the xy's and xx's differently. Thus, the reasoning
goes, women who come before or during penetration produce males, after or
not at all produce females. When I've thought about the women I know who
were, shall we say, sexually difficult, indifferent, or downright frigid,
there are an alarming number of daughters in the families....

Anybody know anything about this? Is it just a myth?

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!