From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 03:23:41 -0500
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

..Dori:
>> She also recommends whole grains to represent "wild grasses eaten by
>>early humans."

Todd:
>Grains are the seeds of
>grasses, but I'd love to know when early humans were eating
>grass.

<<
Harlan, Jack R. (1989). Wild-grass seed harvesting in the Sahara and
 Sub-Sahara of Africa. In: Foraging and farming: the evolution of plant
 exploitation (Harris, DR & Hillman GC, eds). London, Unwin Hyman:

 Over 60 species of grasses have been harvested for their grains in Africa.
 Most of these are famine or scarcity foods or are harvested casually and
 opportunistically. Several species, however, have provided food on a
 massive scale and have been staples for a number of tribes.
 ... >> For more see
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind9808&L=paleodiet&P=R393

I've read the Auel Neanderthal book.
I'm very sceptic about the macho male/female essay, but the foraging
description looks quite accurate. Read about neanderthal grains.

I welcome every book which finds different and better paleo-ways as just
demonizing "grains" and replacing them by mass agriculture food.

I'll buy this book and also the heavy vegetables diet book you mentioned,
Todd.

>I believe she is particularly enthusiastic about soy.
"I believe he is particularly enthusiastic about domestic cattle."
You know whom I mean.

Cheers, Amadeus S.