Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:20:33 -0800
What it boils down to is this. Paleo eaters have the
luxury to choose to eat "paleo" ***only*** because
their numbers are few.

Then I say we let the rest do their thing in peace.  I quickly tired of trying to convince my family and friends that 90% of what they eat belongs in the garbage can ---> they'll continue to eat what they want no matter what they believe.  A bad food item doesn't have to be a PALEO NO-NO  for people to disregard warnings and continue to eat it.  Most people I know believe red meat is the worst thing a person can eat yet continue to eat it.   Let 'em do what they want.

Sure, it's possible that if we went back to the ways of the caveman, we might all die - I've never killed anything bigger than a roach - but don't worry about that.  Our numbers are few because this way of eating is outdated and uneccesary in the eyes of the majority.  Let's just enjoy that fact.

I guess I've got a "better them than me" attitude about people who scoff at the idea that I cook with coconut oil as they eat a bucket of CRISCO... but they feel the exact same way about me.  So let 'em and don't worry about it!

As for the Earth's response to our agricultural society... what can we do?  Burn every corn field in KAnsas?  Kill every 3rd child born in New Delhi?  This is our reality and I'm tired of feeling like our species is screwed.  I think of the Alocholics Anonymous line - the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.