From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:24:37 -0700
Dear List,

Apologies for quoting this whole post, but I think some
things need to be said about it.

First of all, it came onto my screen with the following
in the "From" box:

> Mister Bernarr Zovluck is a Fraud <[log in to unmask]>

I do not consider this to be the name of the writer; It was made to appear
that
the post was from "Mr." Zovluck; hence, this post is not only anonymous, but
attempted to misrepresent who wrote it.

Secondly, in Dr. Bernarr Zovluck's resume, I find:

> I graduated as a doctor of
> chiropractic and naturopathy from U.S. chiropractic and naturopathic
colleges
> and as a doctor of medicine, from a foreign medical college. I graduated
from
> a U.S. theological seminary, as a doctor of divinity and as an ordained
> minister. I never went into practice in the U.S.A., as a medical doctor.

This seems straightforward enough to me. Dr. Zovluck has earned a D.C. and a
D.D., and has a "medical" degree from abroad, but is not pretending to have
a U.S. M.D. It seems to me that he has the right to call himself "Dr." three
times over.

While M.D.'s in this country may wish that they had a monopoly on medical
care, so far they have not totally eliminated the alternative practices,
thank
heavens. While doctors may take and believe the Hippocratic Oath, I doubt
anyone
can say that they are able to live up to it on a daily basis, whatever their
intentions. A large fraction of medicine is an attempt to fix iatrogenic
("doctor-caused") diseases.

So, "_shabby" person, come out of the closet, and understand that many people
without M.D.'s are perfectly entitled to use the term "Dr."

Susan Kline