Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 10:23:25 -0400
This web site <http://www.mercola.com/2000/apr/16/mmr_and_autism.htm>
features a series of articles connecting Autism with vaccines which I
though would be of particular interest to Mary and a few others on
this list. There is also an article which discusses a connection
between milk and Autism and Schizophrenia.

Before I went on NeanderThin, I suffered from a host of unexplained
rashes and allergies (among other things), which cleared up soon
after beginning this way of eating. My Mother was recently diagnosed
with Diverticulitis, which also cleared up after she gave up grains
and milk. My sister has suffered from Schizophrenia for the last 20
years. I now firmly believe that the bulk of my family's medical
problems can be directly traced to the ingestion of milk and grains.

I would love to have my sister try this diet, but because of past
problems, I feel unsure about approaching her. Over the years, she
has used many excuses for not taking her medicine. Now that she has
been pretty well stabilized for the last couple of years on an
effective medicine, I'm afraid if I show her these articles she will
immediately stop taking it. The result would be the occurrence of a
psychotic episode within a very short period of time, in which it
would be impossible to get her to follow any diet. An involuntary
hospital visit of several months would be the only way to get her
stabilized again. Any suggestions?