From:
Mike MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:35:00 -0700
><< >on 14/09/00 12:24, Philip Thrift at [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >
> > > Just curious about people who have tried to lose weight/fat.
> > >
> > > What would happen if you just ate nothing but turkey and drank
> > > lots of water for a week? >>
>
>Just curious, what happens in regards to protein toxicity, rabbit starvation,
>kidney function?  One week wouldn't hurt I suppose, but how long do those
>things take to set in?

I lived for a year on roasted chicken, fried ground beef, and fried
ground
turkey, suffered no ill effects, and lost about 100 pounds. I ate no
starches whatever and might have lost more weight if I hadn't
slathered
everything in ketchup because Dr. Stillman said it was OK "in
moderation".
I was in ketosis most of the time, and I did get bored with it...but
how
the pounds peeled off.

Mike