Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:39:21 -0500
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:39:55 -0500, Carrie Coineandubh
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Gravity is a law, not a theory.
>
> *** That doesn't make it more or less proven than a theory.

IMHO it does.

Laws are
> simple observations of phenomena that have never been observed to behave
> other than the Law describes them. Scientific Theories describe more
> complex phenomena. Evolution is not narrow enough to be a Law, but is
> still regarded as true,

Not by me.

  just as the General Theory of Relativity is
> regarded as true,

Not by me.

  and is based in part on the narrow Law of Gravity. In
> short, if evolution hadn't been proven, it would not have been granted
> Theory status.

I granted it no such status. I'm presently reading "Human Devolution" by
Michael A. Cremo which argues that we are devolved rather than evolved.

Further, I very much enjoyed reading the exchange of posts
> so far, although I am not a Solipsist myself.

Thanks for the word; didn't know "Solipsism" until I scroogled it.

William

--
"Reality is inside the skull. You must get rid of these 19th century ideas
about the laws of nature. We [the State] make the laws of nature." George