From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:25:04 -0800
Hi Jim,

I think the culprit might have been the sesame oil.   First of all, its made from burned, or rancid sesame seeds, and second its highly polyunsaturated.  Third, a half cup on top of fatty meat is probably enough to set anyone's gall bladder off.....

I think you should just eat what comes instinctively, keeping within the very low carb boundaries you've set up for your self experimentation.  I wouldn't intellectually add fat.  I would just eat and if I was craving something more out of hunger, just go with my approved list of fatty foods.....some avocado slices,  pork rinds, some bacon strips, some cold shrimp, some coconut fat off the spoon.  I think the whole notion of zero carb is somewhat contrived, in that paleo man, being hungry, would eat, forage, kill whatever he could to subdue the belly hunger.  But I am intrigued and curious as to how you make out, and give you a lot of credit for finding answers out for yourself.

Keep your chin up!
Batsheva

From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

.Well, I've been forcing myself to eat more fat than I might normally want, thinking that there was a great deal of negative conditioning from hearing the drumbeat warnings nearly my entire life about how evil the stuff is.  But last night I think I reached an actual physical limit on how much fat my body wants right now.  After eating a hearty stir fry of 75% lean grassfed burger with mushrooms, broccoli, and probably a half cup of toasted sesame oil (which always makes a stir fry taste authentic), I got sick to my stomach.  You know the feeling when you've had too much grease -- my wife and I call it the "greasy barfies," lol.  I think my body was asking me, why are you feeding me fat when we have plenty in reserve to burn?

Jim "greasy barfy" Swayze