From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:48:00 -0400
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:58:01 -0400, Wally Ballou
wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 02:28:41 -0400 Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:

>Personally, I think vegetarianism is bizarre and unhealthy, but I
>recognize that some people will insist on living that way.  As a strong
>believer in the health benefits of lowcarb and paleo, I approve and
>encourage any discussion that will help such people follow a lowcarb or
>paleo diet as closely as their prejudices make possible (vegetarian,
>lacto/ovo, vegan, etc...).  I include as much specific information on the
>subject as I can in my Low Carbohydrate FAQ (within the constraints of
>the format of that document), and always look out for additional
>"vegetarian lowcarb" resources, but sometimes I'm forced to wonder why
>people here haven't just given up dealing with you.

My best-guess is that the population that now says
"I live on a 'paleolithic diet'" has a
meat-as-percent-of-diet density function that is
almost all between 50% and 90%, with a very small percentage
(outliers) outside of this.

Philip Thrift
"Paleofitness"
http://www.paleofitness.com