From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:34:27 EDT
Salmon is very frequently contaminated with parasites.
Salmon at Sushi Bars (My non-paleo vice) is made safe by freezing and soaking
in some kind of salt solution.  There are some (very few) Sushi chef that
determine if raw salmon is safe (visual and smell).
My favorite Sushi Chef told me that the deep sea fish (i.e., tuna) are safe
to eat raw.
But fish like salmon and mackeral should be decontaminated either thru
cooking or freezing and soaking.

David Harrison

A mind is a terrible thing to save.

-The United Madman's College Fund