Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:11:57 -0800
Debbie:

  The egg drink sounds delicious!  It would be  great fast breakfast. Can you be a little more specific about how much water you use?

  Thanks.

  Alyne

Debby Padilla-Hudson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  --- Robert Kesterson wrote:
> I don't get it. From my perspective, lowering the
> carb intake is a side
> effect of the paleo diet, not the goal. Elimination
> of all the grains and
> sugars that are present in the typical modern diet
> will definitely cut
> your carbs dramatically, but again, that's a side
> effect.

> I understand carbs raise the insulin level, but
> that's a natural response
> to food. Eating food also raises the acid level in
> your stomach, but we
> don't get upset about that.
>
> Am I missing something?

The problem is that when you have abused your body for
so long, especially with yo-yo dieting (which I have
done), and a low fat high carb diet, and overdone
antibiotics, you get problems that require a stricter
version of Paleo. Also when you have genetics that
make you predisposed to diabetes.

Regular Paleo can't correct those imbalances.. you
need an imbalanced diet to correct an imbalanced body.
This is the purpose of low carb Paleo. Basically I
only eat meat (grass fed beef where ever possible),
organic veggies (a lot of garlic and onions for
antifungal purposes, peppers for vitamin C, cabbage
and broccoli), coconut or olive oil (for healthy fats
and antifungal properties) and raw eggs. The only
spices I use are fresh herbs, sea salt and freshly
ground pepper.

I also use very tiny amounts of stevia and cinnamon in
the raw egg drink I usually make for breakfast (3 raw
eggs, 2tbsp coconut oil, cinnamon and stevia, hot
water in the blender.. tastes like warm egg nog and
very filling way to start the day).

For me, years of extremely high doses of pure sugar (I
used to drink a glass of milk with about 1/2 of a cup
of sugar mixed in several times a day) and years of
taking antibiotics (recurrent bladder infections, ear
infections, bronchitis) have made my body extremely
insulin resistant (to the point where carrots are too
sweet) and overrun by yeast.

I'm very lucky that except for extreme obesity and
insulin resistance and yeast, I have no other health
problems. Yet still my body is extremely imbalanced
in its insulin resistance.

To correct this extreme imbalance, I use an equally
imbalanced diet, which starves the candida and lowers
my insulin levels enough to give my receptors a break.
I expect it will probably take five years before my
body recovers from all the damage I've done to it.

It took me a long time to get to the mental place
where I could finally cut out coffee, dairy, nuts,
fruit and mushrooms (things that are allowed on low
carb or paleo but not for me anymore). I will be
lucky if I can ever eat fruit or nuts like a noraml
person again.

So thank your lucky stars that you are healthy enough
not to need to go to such extremes. I believe that
for healthy people, small amounts of low sugar fruit
(most fruit has been genetically modified to make it
much sweeter than wild fruit, which is why I say it
should be limited) are fine. For poor folks like me,
tis not the case.

Luv,
Debby
San Jose, CA

Website for my son Hunter Hudson, born 10/11/04:
http://debbypadilla.0catch.com/hunter/

 Yahoo! Mail