From:
Pat Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:22:34 -0700
The classic book on this is Spicer's Cycles of Conquest. Interesting name,
reflecting a certain orientation toward violence and conquest. The ancient
Indo-Europeans were supposed to have spread their languages through
conquest, too, but the latest view is that it was through agricultural
expansion.
Food dominates!
Pat Barrett  [log in to unmask] - whose doctor predicted he'd never get his
b/p down by diet alone. Hah!
http://ideas.lang-learn.us/barrett.php