From:
Pat Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:28:53 -0700
William, your post displays such a profound misunderstanding of science that
I would like to hear your explanation of your statement that there is
something we can call "belief" regarding evolutionary theory and that this
belief is based on faith. Given the deeply harmful effects of bringing
religion into our political decisions, I would like to try to understand how
you reach such understandings, the path you have followed to think that
evolution is something someone believes in, has to have faith in. If you
don't want an argument back, I won't argue, just read what you have to say.
My wife's relatives and one of mine reject evolution as if it somehow
conflicts with religious beliefs when in fact it doesn't. The theory of
gravitation, the theory of evolution are simply explanations, very refined
ones but just explanations. They don't require revelations or magic or gods,
just evidence that can be tested. So I wonder how we get voters who think
their religious beliefs should affect our political process. You may address
that in your reply to me, if you are so kind as to make one. I am truly
puzzled and worried about the future of our country given the possibility
that a Perry or a Huckabee or a Bachmann could become president and destroy
the foundations of science in this country.
Pat Barrett [log in to unmask]
http://ideas.lang-learn.us/barrett.php