From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:31:53 -0600
>Hi All!   <SNIP>
>And secondly, would some of you, particularly the women, mind sharing a
>typical day's meals. If you could, include rough quantities. I am wondering
>if I need to change my food intake at all.

For breakfast I usually eat 2 eggs, either scrambled or an omelet, or
sometimes deviled eggs;
sometimes with a little meat (ounce or two).  Sometimes I eat 2-3 ounces
of meat and
some daikon radish.  Omelet with veggies such as mushrooms, or peppers
and onions.
A little salsa on top.

For lunch, most days, a big chef salad: bed of lettuce, chopped
vegetables such as carrots, celery, tomato,
radish, sometimes avocado, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, etc. etc., then
some turkey and
chemical-free salami or pepperoni.  Salad dressing, usually commercial,
low-sugar.  If I'm on the
road, I'll eat cold cuts (chemical-free), daikon and/or snap peas raw.
Something around 3 oz.
meat total.

Dinner:  Meat (beef, lamb, yak) 4 oz., or chicken or fish (6-8 oz), two
kinds of vegetables
such as mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, celery,
cauliflower,
cabbage, peas, jicama (raw), other veggies as available;
sometimes I make a Thai curry with the meat and selections of vegetables
and coconut milk.
Sometimes I cook sausage in spaghetti sauce served on a bed of chopped
broccoli instead
of pasta.  Something like 2 cups of vegetables either raw or cooked.
After dinner, one serving of fruit, usually berries or cherries,
sometimes peach, apricots,
plums.  I don't eat fruit during the day.  I don't drink juice at all.

If I get hungry during the afternoon (usually don't) I'll snack on a
carrot or celery, or
a pat of butter.  I don't eat nuts (don't agree with me, cause excess
hunger).

I'm not eating any cheese or other dairy now; sometimes a little
butter.  I use coconut oil,
olive oil, or butter for cooking.  I haven't worried that much about the
olive oil since I
don't cook at high heat anyway.  If I'm cooking a chunk of meat, I
usually use coconut
oil to brown it.