From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:07:37 -0700
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/cookingfire990810.html

> I find the article filled with speculation and with
> little evidence that
> man has been controlling fire for 1.9 million years.

I noticed in the article they referenced "evidence"
but didn't give details. If there is evidence, fine.
But I think they should give us at least a vague idea
of what it is. Bad reporting.

I would not, however, rule out that what they're
saying may be true (re: 1.9 million years). It seems
timelines get bigger and bigger every day. I recently
saw a replay of an OLD science show that claimed the
universe is a billion years old. What are we up to now
- about 5-6 billion years?