From:
Sam Sharma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:09:48 -0500
On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 05:10:21PM +0000, Andy wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Dec 2000, Todd Moody wrote:
> >
> > > I'm in the Very Low range, but I suspect most people would like to
> > > at least get into the Low range with paleodieting.
> >
> > Yes, that is what I would like.
> >

> enough. Remember also, that under such conditions, gluttony and sloth are
> powerfull survival characteristics, which have almost certainly been selected
> for. Transposed into a modern landscape, we've got problems. I suspect that low
> percentage bodyfat is now only available through regular vigorous exercise
> coupled with dietary (calorific) control. Basically,reproducing the earlier
> conditions.

_very_ anecdotal personal evidence, just remembered it now.  I used to do one or
2 day fasts regularly and I remember that late on the 1st day and all of the second
day I usually felt 'up', like I had taken a little amphetamine.

Strage, since I later found out that low calorie diets reduce catecholamines...