From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 06:55:13 -0500
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:29:16 EST, Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>..I know I've read stuff at the Atkins Site (scientific evidence)
>that low carb (which often means eating lots of saturated fat) increases
>insulin sensitivity.

Could you find that one out?
I think the enhanced insulin sensitivity when low-carbing is due to the
big relaxation in terms of blood glucose.

(It can't imagine that it could be over-normal at any time)

While on the other side the percentual lack of EFAs would worsen insulin
sensitivity at the same time - as the other links report.

If this is the case then in cases of a very spoiled carbohydrate metabolism
(strong insulin INsensitivity) the benefits of a low carb intake
could outweigh the disadvanted of a (possibly) to high SFA percentage.

However there is no *reason* why to eat so much SFA when low-carbing.
You still can choose what you eat, at last.

regards

A.S.