From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:11:49 -0700
My cats went for their annual check ups yesterday. Both are
at healthy weights for their individual bone structure. My
vet told me they have been participating in a study on
feline nutrition for the past year with the intention being
to mimic the diet in the wild as much as possible. Since
most cat owners are not paleo, the plan calls for frequent
small meals of highly digestible canned food with kibbles
available for grazing. These particular kibbles are designed
to help scrape tartar from the teeth much like the chewing
of bones would do in the wild. While not truly paleo, this
is a step in the right direction! My vet said she now refers
to the canned food as "rat in a can" to help people get the
idea that this particular combination of canned and kibbles
is the healthiest choice for cats in modern homes.

A side note, a new veterinarian who works with my vet
graduated with a degree in human nutrition before studying
veterinary medicine. She did her studies at CSU in Fort
Collins, Colorado, where Dr. Cordain is on staff. I didn't
get the chance to ask if she had any classes with Dr.
Cordain.
--
Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English
Proverb