From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:12:45 MST
I have been truly enjoying all the posts, especially Ardeith's comments. There
is such synergy between all the components of diet, culture, evolution of
civilisation, that leads us from the past to the present. If we have devolved
from an egalitarian HG culture to this horrific stratification and uneven
distribution of resources, not to mention the complexities of ignorance and
superstitions that keep so many people in the dark ages even now, I have hope
that as our heads become more clear, one by one, we will stop the downward
spiral. I'm not that well versed in chaos theory, actually pretty ignorant of
it, but I do believe that even a drop of water changes the entire ocean, so a
person and then another and then another can help this sorry state of affairs
exponentially. All this from adopting the proper diet. If it changes
biochemistry, it changes descision making from the visceral, to what I would
hope is something more calmly thought out. A large number of people like this
who voted would become the politician's worst nightmare: an  educated
constituency.
On another topic, I appreciate the suggestion to use lime in place of lemon in
my spicy lemonade, I think I will try it and buy some limes next time I'm at
the market. I started the lemonade thing way back in my vegetarian days, and
decided recently to use it in the morning to help me kick the caffeine habit.
It's a great pick me up without the unpleasant nervous buzz. Funny how I never
noticed that until I got away from my addiction.

Also for Dori Zook: You go girl! I am loving your posts!