From:
"Dena L. Bruedigam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:51:55 -0500
>Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Dori Zook wrote:
>
> > I'll bet you a nickel nearly everyone on this list
> > enjoys a lovely lack of coughs, colds, flu and allergic reactions.
>
>Not quite.  Although my health is generally very good, I've
>gotten the flu every year since starting paleo, this being the
>third year.
>
>Very few colds, though, and allergy symptoms much reduced.

Well, I generally get a non-paleo flu shot, but I still normally get sick
at least twice each winter with some kind of horrible upper respiratory
thing.  I think it has something to do with working at a large university
around a lot of students who carry germs.

However, this year I have been well ALL WINTER, even though I have been
exposed to many many cold and flu viruses.  I can't remember the last year
(it's probably been at least 10 years ago) I made it through January
without having to take at least 3 days off work to recover from whatever I
had, but this year I've worked straight through and it's already February 4.

I attribute part of it to diet and part of it to the combination of
vitamins and supplements I take daily.

--Dena