From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:17:03 -0600
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 05:22:45 -0600, Debby Padilla-Hudson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Do you feel that small frequent meals is an important
> factor in weight loss?

I do.  For one, it keeps your metabolism slightly elevated.  For another,
it keeps you from getting extremely hungry between meals, so the tendency
to "snack" is reduced.  I don't think every two hours is necessary, but
definitely more than "three squares".  From a paleo persepective, I
seriously doubt primitive man had a regularly scheduled breakfast, lunch,
and dinner.  (In fact, I suspect such an arrangement is a direct result of
our own domestication.)  Some days, he probably grazed all day.  Other
days, he probably didn't eat at all.  Personally, I don't recommend
fasting for weight loss because of the effect it has on the metabolism
(the "starvation effect").  Frequent small meals is the way to go.

--
   Robert Kesterson