From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:13:46 -0800
>So basically what your saying is that we have nothing
>to fear about eating wild game that may be infected
>with TB or some other disease here in the states?

I am basically saying that fearing TB germs or any other infectious agent
and protecting ourselves from them is illusionary  and useless at least ,
rather conterproductive and harmfull at most for the health of the
individuals and the species .
I am trying to share that i will not be fearfull myself of eating  a meat
with recognised pathogenique bacterias or parasites in it for many different
reasons .
I am trying to share with you some of a reasons.
one have to do with the fact that the norm in nature seems to be the"
healthy carrier" and that the diseased is the exception.
The TB in particular , i had more than one friend infected with TB ( and
sick from it ) i had my ex partner working in a daily basis with TB patients
for years, i have a friend right now who is sick with TB that i hugg . If i
i had to be scared of TB i think it is too late anyway ,if i had to be sick
from it ,it should be done, i have been exposed enough to it

The second have to do with the idea of" usefull diseases"  that come from my
own experience where a milder form of a virus infection bring a better
health once resumed.
I saw an apple tree ( wild seedling ) getting one year very much affected by
caterpillars it lost most of its folliage , but the years following he never
got any caterpillar in it for many years and was very beautiful. The other
apples trees in the valley are often affected year after year, because the
peoples kill thoses caterpillars every year ,so they come back over and over
to have their function fulfilled.

The 3rd one have to do with the "idealism " that Kirt say seeing in me.
I am just plainly naive and in owe in the face of "the miracle of life . I
just can't stop to wonder how some cells fulfilling different functions can
cooperate in a very harmonious manner to maintain the integrity of the body
they form. There is so many factors that tend to want to dissociate this
beautiful construction that i can't stop myself to believe that there is
something wanting as much if not more ( just because i am alive right now)
to perpetuate it.
If the deer survive  the TB  and the human pressures on his environment
there is no reason why i will not survive it ever.

The 4th is that among all the potential life frightening factors, the
probality to die from an infectious disease is rather low. There is  so many
other health hazards that i might prefer to focus on.
 I put my life in danger way more by driving the car than eating raw deer.
 the deer too here take more risk at crossing the road than .getting
affected by diseases).
I see way more risk  too , in eating a sterile  industrial food than an
infected  wild game .

To have a different perspective on viruses see
A NEW THEORETICAL MODEL OF VIRAL PHENOMENA

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/5976/virus.html

jean-claude