From:
"~ Rainah ~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:12:00 -0400
Richard pointed out:

>>Rainah, it sounds like a plain old
>> fashioned food intolerance. You need
>> to eliminate different foods and see
>> what it is that's giving you problems. It
>> could be pork, or lamb, or beef, even if
>> organic, or sesame tahini, who knows.

My diet is already so limited, it seems...the only meat I eat is Lamb
from New Zealand.  I've already eliminated Nuts because they were coming
out undigested, that is when I started eating the tahini with figs
dipped in it or a little fruit sweetened jelly mixed in.  I guess it
could be that.

Kerry said:

>>I was having the same problem, and
>> discovered that I am allergic to
>> almonds and eggs. When I stopped
>> eating those, the pain in my hand and
>> wrist joints went away. My children are
>> also sensitive to nuts, and if they eat
>> them they have abdominal pain and
>> diahrrea. Do you have any food
>> allergies? I

I don't know of any food allergies,  is there any other way besides
eliminating, to find out about allergies?

Then Aaron suggested:

>>usually partaking of some of each is
>> safest. Plus, some exercise and some
>> relaxation are important. Plus,
>> cultivation of a good mood may make
>> problems less trying.

By some of each do you mean, each WOE, as in some grains?  I get
exercise, and relaxation...my attitude is great!  I'm just getting a
little confused, I think.

Patti asked:

>>Have you bought a different brand of
>> something that you were using before?
>> Toothpaste, mouthwash etc, spices of
>> any kind? Any new foods that you eat
>> now that you weren't eating when you
>> went paleo?

A few things have changed...when I began I was eating alot of nuts and
dried fruit and I was loving it but after awhile I was not digesting the
nuts, as i have said, still craving a sweet snack, I started with the
tahini and dried fruit, also I have been sauteing apples, vadalia
onions, raisens, with ginger and cinnomon and eating it wiyh the
lamb...sugar and protien...perhaps it is the sugar and protien combo
that is giving me the problem because I also have been eating fried
plantians with maple syrup on them and scrambled eggs.
,

Aaron then said:

>>A couple of months later, I noticed (but
>> tried to deny for several months) that
>> my old symptoms of fatigue, brain fog,
>> and itchiness were returning,
>> seemingly triggered by eating beef.

I think I will be in denial if it is the lamb because I am so particular
about what I eat and I feel comfortable with the quality of the New
Zealand lamb which I eat practically raw...

>>Like most of the chronically ill, you have
>> a leaky gut, which means that a
>> relatively large amount of dietary
>> peptides enter your bloodstream, which
>> can lead to allergies.