From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 00:18:33 -0400
Medusa wrote:

>Since I suscribed only since 2 weeks ago, I am presently going through all
>the list archives (long but utterly fascinating!)

Would be better if excessive quoting was edited out. But lots of work. Even
better if no excessive quoting was there in the first place. :)

>A certain thread mentioned eyesight improvement (from Don if I recall) while
>being paleo. I am wondering 1) if it happened for other people on the list
>and 2) if the eye problem was 'heavy' to begin with.

Yep that was me. As for being heavy to begin with my prescription history
was in the article. As for an update I have regressed. While I didn't get
the actual prescription at my last visit it reverted to about the
prescription of two times previous. As for why. For various reasons I have
had to wear my glasses more often than before. As noted in my articles on
this I do feel not wearing my glasses is key to getting improvement. It
give your eyes a chance to focus the way they were designed to.

>I am cursed with heavy myopia since being 9 years old (around -8), and
>luckily am wearing contact lenses.

Well, I was never worse than about -5. At -8 you would have difficulty
seeing where to go. To give some idea to others what these numbers mean
they are denominators to chopping up a meter into the distance that one
loses focus. So at -8 this means that at five inches things go out of focus.

Don.