From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:11:01 -0500
----- "Ron Hoggan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi Todd,
> Do you track your level of ketosis? If so, I'm betting that you are
> either out of ketosis or down to trace ketosis in the AM. Maybe there is
> some refined sugar added to the meats you are eating, or maybe you are
> eating carbs too late in the day ( late supper or evening snacks? ). I
> will shift down to trace ketosis from snacking on nuts or even eating
> bacon in the evening. Or maybe none of these apply.
> best wishes,
> Ron

Ron, I don't track ketosis. I seldom eat any kind of processed meat anymore, and very rarely have nuts. As for timing of carbs, it has varied a lot. I usually eat dinner around 6:00 pm. As I say, even zero carb hasn't made a difference. Reducing protein tends to increase my appetite quite a lot, so zero carb with low protein is very difficult for me; I experience intense hunger. After two days of fat fasting I'm insanely hungry. If I eat unrestricted amounts of fat, I can keep the hunger at bay, but of course I don't lose weight either.

Todd Moody