From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:12:20 +0100
I was just wondering what everyone's views on water (or fluid in
general) consumption is.

I'm sure you will all be interested to know that for one reason or
another (I have a few theories) I seem to have a fairly weak bladder...
hardly incontinent but I seem to make toilet visits more often than
most, and tend to be aware of needing to go sooner than everyone else.

So lately I have been reducing the amount of fluid I drink.  With my
current job, I am having a cup of ginkgo biloba tea first thing every
morning (6.30am), possibly a drink of water at 8.30am, a glass of water
around dinner time (1pm ish), possibly a cup of green tea at the same
time (this seems to be fairly low in caffeine, and doesn't leave me too
thirsty), I always have a cup of green tea with my tea at about 6pm,
and possibly a glass of water in the evening.  This is *far* less than
I used to consume (~300ml glass of water every hour or so) but I still
seem to pass fairly clear water, most of the time.  Is this alone
enough to indicate that my fluid consumption is adequate?  I don't want
to tax my kidneys/liver but I also don't want to be running to the
toilet twice an hour.

 From a paleo point of view, I imagine the body is well-designed to cope
with short dry spells.  Since I started paleo I get the feeling that my
body manages water much better and I feel a lot less thirsty.  I don't
know if this is because of carb reduction?

Can anyone offer any advice?

Ashley