Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:18:21 -0500
I wrote: "and it [betacellulin] has been advertised as being in whey protein
powders (as a selling point!)."

Correction: bovine epidermal growth factor (EGF) has been promoted as a
selling point in whey protein powders. Human consumption of bovine
betacellulin stimulates the production of human EGF, so consuming bovine EGF
would presumably have similar effects to consuming betacellulin, given that
these advertisers claim that bovine EGF works like human EGF in humans.

DS wrote:
> I think my short term memory is going. Too much dairy. I
> think I asked this but don't recall a response.
>   Is the whey we are talking about the same ingredient you
> get when you buy whey protein powder?

I provided some links in my previous posts from companies who promote the
epidermal growth factor (EGF) in their whey protein powders.