Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:34:45 -0800
Thanks to Leonie, who wrote:

>Eating a large meal of protein can cause an insulin response equal to
eating carbs.
> Small frequent meals keep insulin levels lower. Also spread what carbs you
do eat evenly with protein and fat consumption.

ok- i'll keep that in mind
this must be b/c  some protien is available as glucose?
so our ancestors could take better advantage of a larger kill/scavange...

> Do you experience the hypoglycemia symptoms on Paleo when you are not
breastfeeding?

i don't know. didn't try it before.
i have tried other reduced carb diets, and i did experience a pattern if
symtoms.

the reason i am starting this in the middle of breatfeeding is just that i
became so concerned! the only way i could function and not be sick durring
pregnancy was to keep eating carbs -- at all times -- even when i didn't
want them. without them i literally could not function. i gained over fifty
pounds and felt incredibly guilty for the possible effect on the baby... but
i didn't know how else to get by. (thankfully, my blood sugars were never
high.)

i marvel at the idea of people eating paleo during pregnancy, and it makes
me wonder if things may have turned out differently if i had already had the
paleo thing figured out for myself.

good health to all,
liesel