From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:05:11 -0800
From: "Elizabeth Miller"
> Theola, I know you said you take fish oil -- but what kind and in what
> amounts. Also do you do any flax oil?

Pure Encapsulations brand.  It's ultra-purified 300 mg EPA, 200 mg DHA per
1000 mg gel cap, with 10 iu Vit E added.  Right now I usually take only two
a day.  I had been taking four, but decided to split the dosage into twice a
day and as often as not I forget to take the other two.  I've varied my
intake over the three years I've been taking it.  Last July I bumped it up
to 8 caps a day.  That's 4 gms EPA/DHA and took that amount until about the
middle of Jan. at which time I quit taking it for about three weeks and then
resumed at half dose.  No flax oil.

> Also given the wide spread nature of your pain -- it sounds like
> something more systemic, rather than wear and tear. Have you ever done
> an elimination diet or been checked for food sensitivities?

Back in 1986 I did an elimination diet, was tested for food allergies, and
took shots for a while.   I always run a risk of being wrong about anything,
but if it were systemic I think I would probably have more problems.  Back
in '86 I had much more of a generalized and pervasive problem with many
systems involved as opposed to the specific problems now.  I've had a few
injuries (knee, back) that are no doubt linked to some of the arthritis.  My
immediate family is plagued with arthritis-type problems, so there's
probably a strong genetic component.

Theola