Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:35:18 -0400
Difficult, because it changes, but I'll try.
Forget calculations - I am mathematically inept.

Beef pemmican is a staple - I eat some every meal, which is evening. I
would eat almost nothing else except for the poor quality of beef fat,
which tastes or reeks of DPW (dried poultry waste) in the fodder.

Recent weeks it's thawed ground organic grassfed beef with tallow added
to make it at least 25% fat by weight. This is not enough to prevent the
low-fat headaches which I now have. Organic coffee fixes them.
Writing this prompted a flash of insight: adding 100g tallow to 400g
ground beef is [i]not[/i] 25% fat. curses    i blame this on bad
teachers of mathematics
Complicated because Phinney and others write about protein, and all I
have is meat. (Note to self, pinned with a kick; recalculate weights to
get proportion so that tallow to protein is 80% fat by calorie.)

Last 10 days have been experimenting with an attempt at a paleoburger.
Bunless standard American recipe except that I use cheap mustard instead
of the mayo, and I do a 20-second browning of the meat. Mayonnaise in a
hamburger is an abomination to this masterpiece of American cuisine and
only perverts do it.  ;)  MacDonald's "secret sauce" (TM) AKA thousand
islands dressing is worse. Warning to those brave enough to try this:
hang face over plate. The soup & bits in the plate tastes good too.
I can't believe that paleoman could have lived on the boring stuff I
normally eat, but this experiment will not last. Not sure why.

Eggs. Omega Pro brand, which have deep yellow yolks. varies from 6 to
30/week.  Half of them raw yolks, others scrambled just enough to cook
the whites; with minced fresh chives in summer, no-hot curry powder
otherwise (need something to hide the yuck taste of commercial eggs and
there's supposed to be something good about turmeric)

Two fruit in season, was cherries, now peaches. Wild blueberries now
too, and I freeze lots but have lost the taste for them since starting
pemmican.

So it's non-organic beef tallow, grassfed raw beef both thawed and
dried, and eggs.

I pump water in summer from the lake before my house, then filter it for
drinking with the same filter used by International Red Cross in
disaster areas. Winter water is from an artesian well in the nearest
village, gov't. tested regularly and of good quality but it has a taste
so I continue using the filter. Both make good coffee -I drink 3 to 5
cups/day and it is organic only, usually Colombian, made in a cone
filter with unbleached paper except when I feel like espresso, then it's
made in an Aeropress.
http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress.htm
  All the usual commercial coffees except that from the Yemen and some
organics have made me sick.

I eat once/day, except when there is fruit. This fits Dr. Bernarr's way.
http://healself.org/

I like the result in how I feel and heal, and do not believe that this
is the final answer. More to learn IMO.

William