From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:51:50 -0700
-----
I am french living in west coast of Canada for 7 and 1/2 years. I I have
been introduced to the idea of instinctive eating  ,when i was 17,  and got
convinced by the principles, ,but postponed the practice of it for <when i
would get sick > ( i allready knew that it was the unnavoidable outcome of
civilized living). I was wondering why could i not enjoy wild foods  like
animals do and the instinctive principles was giving me a theorical answer
that i had to wait age 30 to experience . EAting only "undenatured food" for
10 years opened my taste buds to be appreciative of the strong taste of wild
food ,to a point that i am getting less and less satisfied with store bought
produces.
I didn't take advantage of the coop in France saling a wide ( luxurious )
variety of" undenatured" food from all over the world, to the comunauty of
instinctive eaters in europe. I had from early on to rely on wild  or
homegrown food to complete the market bought fruits vegetables and meats. I
was living in the mountains and riding on horse back all over the pyrenees
which was handy to harvest berries greens and nuts.while working as a guide.
Coming in Bc i got very much interested by the new wild plants available
here, and started to produced food following the pinciples of MAsonobu
Fukuoka ("One straw revolution" " naturel way of farming" and "road back to
nature" author): NO tilling, weeding ,fertilising, treating diseases, or
pruning fruit trees.
For animals products i had the chance of relying on wild sea life, but got
trouble finding "INstincto "quality mamals and birds, and was strugling with
the side effect of eating animals raised  on grass and supplemented with non
original food (naked grains for hebivorous for ex).
I forgot to mention earlier that i got sick at age 23 and badly on top of
that . My adrenal glands stopped to produce the vital hormone cortisone and
was dying. At age 26 my thyroid stopped functionning. This to say that my
hormonal situation make me less able to handle any unbalances and stresses,
so any mistakes in my eating choices have often obvious repercussions on my
energy level
I am discovering that overeating fruits (more than 50 %) is detrimental to
my energy and i started to augment the proportions of animals products and
vegetables to the detriment of fruits and nuts.
For i year i am supplementing myself with DHEA hormone (that is chiefly
produced by cortex of adrenal glands, and so deficient in me) and it
dratiscally change my instinctive appeals that is now toward eating lot of
animal fats and red meats. Every thing seems to lead me in the direction of
the paleodiet ideas , it is why i am here!
I have access to high quality meat , fruits and berries and dry them , i
will be very interested to exchange my surplus with somebody else having
access to differents foods so we can widen our food choices..
For people who don't know :" instincto" quality foods for animals and human
are food as closed as possible to the state  found in nature ( uncooked and
unprocessed) and as "original" as possible ( milk or selected grains being
excluded , )
Hope to have a good time among you
Thanks
Jean-claude