From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:55:28 +0200
I wrote:

><< Conclusion on dairy consumation: moderate amounts, preferrably from
>sheep
>and goat are ok. >>

>I'm new to the group and this post caught my eye. I had a Nutritionist
M.D >tell me to quit eating/drinking cow's milk, but told me it's ok to have
>sheep's milk or cheese. He said it must be sheep, not goat. He did a test
>and said I'm allergic to cow's milk. I'm not sure why this would be
>true...do you think it's the additives? And if so, why would sheep cheese
>be any different?

It may be that your M.D. was referring to the fact, that goat milk doesn't
contain and folate. This makes it unsuitable as a baby food replacement
for mothers milk. Sheep has it. Since folate for adults will come from
leaves (foliae) anyway, i think this doesn't make any problem.

Generally sheep use to eat fine fresh herbs outside.
While goats may forage outside but often are kept in a house and fed too.

I prefer goat, because i discovered delicious fresh made cheese in
countries
with very sparse vegetation (dry), where goats can live, but few plant
growing is possible (Fuerteventura, Islas Canarias - next no Marocco has
30000 goats and as many people). The cheese is made day to day with the most
primitive aids and must be consumed fresh - or it spoils in 3-4 days
(While in france it is usual to eat the chevre "aged", a month old and
really a big peace of fungus).

Sheep and goat were the husbabdry animals of the very first middle
european neolithic culture "Linearband" at 4600 BC. Brought from "near
east"
with a history of some 4000 years more.
It may be that a little dairy way the key for this very quick spreading
and successful cultire to succeed in the long term. They appear to have
been
non-hunting (No bone remainders are found in the settlements).

Possibly or probably about 15% of all people (in Westeners) are allergic
to *cows* milk (but most not to cheese). I still don't get it why.
I see as possibilities
1.The production methods with cows. Cows are passing 3/4 of their food (in
  terms of calories and of protein) into the milk. They live short. The
  fedder is usually mass-pesticide grain or worse. Sometimes treated with
  antibiotics, found later in the milk.
2.The usual production of dairy. Always heated. I found an article about
  the very bad effects of "homogenization" - changing the milks fat shape
  small bubbles. It's described as having desastrous effects on blood
vessels, elevating cholesterol.
3.Most westeners have a nearly life long *daily* ingestion of some sort of
  milk products (like sometimes with meat, hazel, even hidden soy).
  I think the human body can't accept well ingesting the *same* proteins
  *every* day. Or it may develop allergies. Pauses may be necessary.
  Pauses IMO are paleo with any food item.
4.The milk fat is very saturated animal fat. The w-3 to w-6 ratio seems
  good, but it has a *very* small PUFA part. Possibly with cows, which
never   get green food (but industry-grain food) the w-3 ratio will be much
worse   that in the USDA probes. The w-3 fat ration in cattle slaughter fat
also    showed quite different results, tending toward a bad ratio.

One study, that displayed ill results for (cow) milk consumption,
found no problem with cheese.

just a little info collected

Amadeus