Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:23:48 -0700
I am only one person;  but I believe eggs are close to the
perfect food.  When the Cholesterol "Scare"  came out 30
years ago I instantly concluded they were Crazy as they said
don't eat eggs and other very nutritious food but sugar was
OK.    When we can get good eggs from a small farm we eat a
lot of them.

I went on vacation to Mexico.   At breakfast in the Hotel
Cafeteria the tourists were anxiously concerned about the
ORANGE colored yolks of the eggs.  They did not know what a
good egg looked like.

Regards,  Lorenzo

> Ken wrote:
> >There is a great anecdote in the original book "Protein
Power".

> >It seems that doctors discovered (cf New England Journal
of Medicine), an
> 88
> >year old man in a nursing home who had eaten 2 dozen eggs
a DAY for the
> past 30
> >years of his life, and was perfectly healthy and had
normal blood
> cholesterol
> >levels.
> >
> >I.E. There is no reason to consider eggs in any way
"unsafe".

> Yes, that was a great passage.  But what about high levels
of arachidonic
> acid in the egg yolks (arachidonic acid favors the "bad"
eicosanoids).
> Don't the Eades (and Sears for that matter) recommend a
ratio of at least 2
> egg whites to each egg yolk (no egg yolks may be even
better)?