From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:43:39 -0700
>On paleo, I buy meat on sale and stock my freezer.

The following helps me save time which equals money.  I live alone and, 99%
of the time, eat alone.  Freezer bags help me keep my sanity.  When I buy,
say, a huge bargain pack of  chicken breasts, I cut them up into single-size
pieces (I'm shooting for moderate protein/high fat) and put a few pieces in
each bag.  That way, there's never too much meat in the fridge and I don't
have to throw anything away.  I use big bags for broth.  Just rinse and use
again (and again and again).

On a slightly related note, I found a kick-a$$ bargain at the thrift store
the other day -- a Sunbeam Quick-Steamer.  Put in the water, flick the
switch and get steam in, oh, sixty seconds.  Perfect if you want vegetables
just barely cooked in a hurry.  What did I pay?  A whopping $2.50!  Hope I
didn't post this already.  If anyone's looking for new kitchen gadgetry on a
budget, check your local thrift stores.  People often donate great items
(i.e. steamer, crock pot, food processor), all of which I own and bought for
pennies on the dollar at a thrift store.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es