From:
Jim Cales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:50:19 -0600
From: "Jay Banks" <[log in to unmask]>
> Actually, I have still been improving. Dr. Day, of www.drday.com,
> says that if you have really abused your bowels, it can take
> up to two years to get them back in shape. So I don't
> think there is anything wrong with not being able to report
> a 100% success instantly. I didn't get sick over night.
> I don't expect to get well instantly, either.

Forgive me for commenting on a sentence out of context, but I could not
resist in this case.

My wife had diagnosed ulcerative colitis for over 10 years.  She was
miserable and was fading rapidly in the last year.  She had tried Atkins,
then paleo and even some raw as well as several other diets.  I only mention
this because we found the cure quite by accident.

She stopped eating citrus. (oranges, grapefruits, etc)  It was due to a move
and an extended stay in motels and she went without any citrus for about a
month.

Years of pain and agony reversed in about 2 weeks.  Now she is completely
normal again and doing a Paleo/Atkins type diet as before.  The point here
is that often you can heal *very* fast if you stop doing the offending thing
long enough.   In her case there is no tolerance level that works.  One
orange can set her off for weeks.  One does not normally consider fruit to
be dangerous.  Go figure.

Just thought this might be of some use to someone.  :-)

Jim