From:
Lynda Bryson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:30:47 -0800
> At 03:28 PM 3/8/01 -0600, Oliva wrote:
> >Okay, I feel slighted. Where's the Cherokee????
LOL!   Oliva

> I didn't think they were considered plains--weren't
they in the southeastern area?

Yes their origins are in the southeast -- there is a
large reservation in Cherokee, NC, that borders the
Great Smokey Mtn. National Park.  There is a play that
is done there during the tourist season every year
called "Unto These Hills" in which the story is told
of the forced march by the US government in the late
1800's of the Cherokees from NC to Oklahoma -- known
to the Cherokees as "The Trail of Tears".  That's how
the Oklahoma band of the Cherokee nation became
established.

Lynda Bryson